“With the help of my tutor, I understand my math material better and I raised my grade.”
— Jillian ‘22
“After only a few sessions, I improved my SAT score 180 points (from a 1360 to a 1540)!”
— Jude B. ‘22
“I was able to get my ACT score from a 29 to a 34! I’m so grateful for the help.”
— Jacqueline O. ‘22
STUDENTS FROM ALL AREA SCHOOLS ARE WELCOME!
The Wheaton Academy Institute is excited to announce The Wheaton Academy Tutoring Center. Located on Wheaton Academy’s campus, in Room 108, a team of trained tutors work alongside teachers and students to provide high-quality class-centered tutoring to help your child succeed in school.
Tutors are qualified to assist students in English, History, Math, and Science. In addition to helping your student in specific subject areas, the tutors focus on study skills, time management, and homework prioritization. ACT and SAT prep sessions are a big part of the Tutoring Center.
What Makes The Wheaton Academy Tutoring Center Different From Other Tutoring Centers?
- Students meet with the same tutor each session which allows for consistency and the ability to form a trusting student/tutor relationship.
- The Wheaton Academy Tutoring Center is faith based and only finds tutors that would be good role models for their students.
- Students are able to meet with the tutors during their study halls or study labs. After-school and evening sessions are available.
- We have virtual (Facetime or Zoom) sessions available as well as in person sessions at Wheaton Christian Grammar School and at Wheaton Academy.
ACT/SAT – $550 (July 12-August 2)
The first class will be 4 hours long because a practice ACT will be administered to use as a baseline score. The students’ PSAT results will be used for their SAT baseline score.
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am-11am (July 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28, August 2)
Where: Wheaton Academy Room 108
HIGHLIGHTS OF SMALL GROUP TEST PREP CLASSES:
- Provides strategies to reduce stress and increase scores in all test sections
- Introduces students to the formats of both tests and encourages them to focus on the test that best suits their test taking strengths
- Binders with practice tests are provided – no need to purchase any materials
- Students are held accountable to spend time practicing at home
- Small class size allows for more individualized instruction